October 6, 2007

A completely different person


Who is this girl?? Well this is who I think I am... this girl reflects who I feel I am inside. I'm so used to seeing pictures of myself and wondering in disbelief who this fat woman is, that when I see a picture of myself where you can't really see my fat, I could stare at it for hours. Can anyone relate??
We took this picture while on our beach vacation in Eilat in the south of Israel 2 weeks ago... one of those self-shots (Marius is holding the camera). These are the only pictures I like of myself these days as if I angle my head right, you can hardly tell I'm fat. Anyway, I knew when we took this one, that this would be one of THOSE pictures... one that I can look admiringly at and say 'hey, I look pretty'. Rare.
Anyway, I've been absent from blogging. Got home from my vacation and had gained 2 pounds, which really is good, considering I was hardly ever on plan while I was away (didn't track, but tried to make healthy choices)... however, for whatever reason I went into a sort of tailspin for a week.... even had a junk food binge, which I haven't done in over 4 months now. Felt horrible, but of course in tailspin mode, it led to more bad choices over the next couple of days. I'm trying to be kind to myself as it was a tough week re-adjusting back to being home... kids took a while to get over the 10 hour time difference, I felt exhausted from the 20 hour trip, and I spent 4 days doing laundry and cleaning the house and being a single mommy again. Got sort of used to having hubby and grandparents around to help with the kids!! All that and I was blessed with the arrival of TOM.... when it rains, it pours, I tell ya!!
But enough of the excuses. I'm back.... out of the tailspin and in a better frame of mind. Hope to get back into the swing of things and start tracking and exercising again.

5 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Welcome back, girl! I wasn't sure if you were home yet, or if you were still in Israel. I've been wondering about you! lol

This pic is adorable! The favorite pics of me are the ones from the shoulders up, too. lol

Hang in there, girl. Now that you're home and getting settled back into a normal routine, you'll be able to get back on track quickly. :)

Teale said...

I definately understand your picture feelings! You look great in the picture, very happy!

Diana Swallow said...

Welcome back beautiful! You've been missed!! That picture of the two of you is just such a happy picture. You can just see the love and happiness in your faces. I hope you frame it!

Vacation is over and so you had a few pounds gain...let it go, move on and jump right back on the path to health!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

The Price's Wife said...

I really do love this picture of you and your husband... It's funny, we all feel trapped in bodies that just don't seem to belong to us... The new (and strange) issue for me is feeling like a fat girl when really, I'm not much of one anymore... This whole weight loss thing is just a big adjustment all around. Simple as that.

By the way- talking out of your ass works for you... you really gave me something to think about.

Honi said...

That is a wonderful photo of the two of you... I would imagine being back home and getting back into your regular rythm can be a bit hard.. dont be upset with yourself about making not so healthy choices.. its over.. in the past.. just focus on where u are at right now.. take it step by step...