April 9, 2007

2nd day...

Today I feel great!! Marius not so much - he's having major caffeine withdrawal headaches and feels really weak. I always find it interesting to see how the body heals itself when it has the chance to (when we're not shoving it full of junk). It can be uncomfortable to release all the toxins in your trillions of cells, but I've found that it's always worth it in the end. The best article I've read about this is found at: http://drbass.com/symptoms.html. It's describes what happens in your body when you detox ... what an eye-opener!

Anyway, I think I feel quite good because I've been eating healthier and avoiding sugar and refined carbs anyway (and I've never been a coffee drinker - I get my caffeine from chocolate!), and so I'm not experiencing as many symptoms as Marius. Plus I'm eating a lot so I don't feel hungry. However I have to say that those darn chocolate easter eggs that my Aunt gave my daughter yesterday are calling my name. For me not to eat them is a feat in itself, so I'll just celebrate that today :)

No comments: