April 16, 2007

the day after.....

So the fast went fantastically!! My husband and I didn't eat anything all day, but we did drink on the hour every hour - alternating between water and a special juice that's supposed to help detox. Unbelievably (REALLY unbelievably) we didn't feel hungry AT ALL all day. We planned a bunch of work to do around the house and we were active all day either working or playing with the kids, and when we went to bed at 11:30 we both looked at each other and said "it's so weird, I'm not even hungry!". The hardest part was remembering NOT to eat when making meals and snacks for Maya - it's amazing how many times you eat in a day - licking off a spoon, licking your fingers, tasting for hotness, etc etc...

I found the weirdest thing was that today I still didn't feel hungry and just didn't feel like eating. I had to force down breakfast and all day I kept forgetting that I was allowed to eat and taste things. I had really gotten into the mindset I guess! So we are now in the 3 day sequel - back to clean eating with some additional probiotic foods (yogurt and sauerkraut) to refresh the good bacteria in the stomach. As of Thursday we'll be back to 'normal' (whatever that is!) and all in all, I've lost 11 pounds and Marius 14 (course he just has to think about losing weight and he loses 5 pounds) - since last Sunday. We'll see if I can keep it off and keep going!




The book above is the detox we've being following.... AL Gittleman is the author of the Fat Flush Plan which I've found very helpful in choosing core foods to eat and supplements to take - I recommend it!

No comments: